The five big ideas from the book
- Other people’s opinions have no bearing on a person’s life, unless those opinions are subconsciously accepted as true.
- Sleep is a key time to harness the healing abilities of the subconscious mind.
- For better or worse, health originates in the mind.
- Picturing the desired outcome in the mind and accepting it as reality will result in manifestation of the desired outcome.
- Practicing gratitude helps create positive thinking within the subconscious.
Who is this book for?
The Power of Your Subconscious Mind is a classic self-help book written by Dr. Joseph Murphy, originally published in 1963. The author shares his experimental analysis and spiritual enlightenment to help the readers in their everyday lives
- ” The power of positive thinking and visualization can be used to realize your dreams.”
- ” When in doubt, sleep on it often so you can make more confident decisions after a good night’s rest.”
- ” Auto-suggestion is the way of introducing ideas and thoughts from your conscious mind to your subconscious mind.”
- ” Develop a definite plan for turning over your requests or desires to your subconscious mind. Imagine the end desired and feel its reality. Follow it through and you will get definite results.”
- ” It is just as easy to imagine yourself successful as it is to imagine failure.”
- ” Repetition can train your subconscious mind.”
- ” Never finish a negative statement; reverse it immediately.”
- ” Sleep is when your subconscious mind works the best .”
- ” What goes on in your mind defines your world.”
- ” Believe in something to make it your reality.”
- ” Busy your mind with the concepts of harmony, peace, health, and goodwill, and wonders will happen in your life.”
- ” Do not let others do your thinking for you, choose your own thoughts and make your own decisions.”
- ” You were born with only two fears, the fear of falling and the fear of noise. All your other fears were acquired. Get rid of them.”
- ” Remember that the thankful heart is always close to the riches of the universe.”
- ” Watch your thoughts. Every thought accepted as true is sent by your conscious cortex to your subconscious brain structures and is brought into your world as a reality.”
- ” Think good, and good follows. Think evil, and evil follows. You are what you think all day long.”
- ” Thoughts of jealousy, fear, worry, and anxiety tear down and destroy your nerves and glands bringing about mental and physical diseases of all kinds.”
- ” Never use the terms, ” I can’t afford it” or ” I can’t do this.” Your subconscious mind takes you at your word and sees to it that you do not have the money or the ability to do what you want to do.”
- ” If you want to write a book, write a wonderful play, give a better talk to your audience, convey the idea lovingly and feelingly to your subconscious mind and it will respond accordingly.”
- ” Age has its glory, beauty, and wisdom that belong to it.”
About the Author
JOSEPH MURPHY wrote, taught, counseled, and lectured to thousands all over the world for nearly fifty years. Born in 1898, he was educated in Ireland and England. In the preface of this title, Dr. Joseph Murphy asserts that life events are actually the result of the workings of your conscious and subconscious minds.